it's monday baybaaaaay!
i spent mine up in the gym gettin' my sweat on and preparing for a busy day ahead.
Houston Sprouts Farmers Markets are having a gigantic strawberry sale this week!!! the 16 oz crates are 88 CENTS each right now. all i could think of was how much homemade berry-beet applesauce i was gonna make Dego. and myself. it is SO good, y'all.
thanks for passing on the sale info, mom! <3
so i still had tons of berries left after making applesauce and wanted to bake a healthy treat. i got a little help from Dashing Dish to create this one and it's pretty tasty! low-fat, gluten-free goodness that can be a great to-go breakfast, a snack, or definitely a dessert. just add cool whip!
Low-Fat Gluten-Free Strawberry Shortcake Muffins
- 2.5 cups Gluten-Free oat flour (i make my own using rolled oats in the Ninja Blender)
- 1 cup 0% or 2% greek yogurt (i used Fage)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Stevia for baking
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- .5 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 cups diced strawberries
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- set your oven to 350 degrees and coat a 24 count mini muffin pan with no stick cooking spray very well. NO LINERS NEEDED because they will stick to the muffin. #spoileralert
- i combined everything except the strawberries in my Ninja Blender! then i folded in 1 cup of the berries afterwards into a large mixing bowl. ***if no blender or food processor, combine wet w/ wet & dry w/ dry. mix together. fold in 1 cup of the diced berries last.
- spoon the mixture 3/4th of the way full into each muffin slot.
- take the 1/2 cup of berries left and top your muffin batter with the pieces.
- OPTIONAL: mix a little granulated stevia and cinnamon in a small bowl, then dust the tops of your muffins with the sugar mixture. nice touch!
- bake 20-25 min or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
--->stats per muffin: 32 calories, 1g fat, 4 carbs, 1g sugar, 2g protein<---
i tweeted about the muffins and tagged Sprouts Farmers Market and was elated to receive a reply from those guys!
OK. GIVEAWAY TIME!!!!!!
i am so excited to be partnering with one of my fave companies: Arctic Zero! check out the post i did for more information on these Fit Frozen Desserts. they always satisfy my sweet tooth while sparing my waistline. LOVE!
WHO wants to experience a chunky pint flavor of their choice in all its chunky pint gloriousness?!!? i'm tryin' to hook 4 lucky Fitfoodiele readers and/or followers up with some goodies! they'll each be sent a voucher to go pick up some of this Fit Frozen Dessert free of charge from their nearest grocery store. sharing will be totally optional! which flava would you like.....?
what are the rules? like this post on IG, tag an Arctic Zero lover AND someone who has been wanting to try AZ in the comments and answer my blog questions below. simple! don't have IG? just answer the question below to qualify. if nothin' else, ya gotta do that step. y'all know i keep it simple though. as usual, i count all entries myself, and i will select (at random) four lucky winners bright and early on Friday morning, April 3rd.
Q: how do you eat your strawberries? solo? in a smoothie? over yogurt? which chunky pint flavor would you get if you won? YouTube vid suggestions for me?