halfway to friday, guys!!! Chiso (the 4 yr old) requested pancakes for dinner last night, so i added some roasted sweet potato into my usual recipe and BAM. these were so tasty we devoured another stack his morning for breakfast! you do need a high powered blender for this recipe for optimal cake fluffiness, fyi.
Sweet Potato Oat Bran Pancakes
- 3/4 cup dry oat bran
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla cashew milk
- 2 egg whites (from real eggs, not the carton)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup roasted, soft sweet potato
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 packets granulated stevia (optional)
- dash sea salt
- set griddle to high and coat with no stick cooking spray
- add egg whites into high powered blender and 'whip' them for about 30-45 seconds until super fluffy (we received a Ninja Blender from our dear friend Diamond this past Christmas and i have been using it every single week since then!)
- add in everything else!
- blend oh high speed for at least 1 minute until super smooth
- let batter sit for approx. 5 minutes. oat bran is suuuuper absorbent and will need a few moments to do its thing
- spoon batter onto griddle (make as many cakes as you'd like; the size is your call)
- when you see bubbles start to form on the top of the cake (approx. 3 min), flip! (ensure the color is golden brown and not pale)
- cook an additional 2-3 min on this side
- top with pecans and powdered sugar and your fave sugar-free syrup! we use Walden Farms.
nutritional facts for the entire stack: 363 cals, 11g fat, 71g carbs, 21g protein, 10g sugar
neeeext, i get asked about my wide headband often and i finally answered with deets on IG recently. it's a @firstlinebrands Dri Sweat Edge and boy do i wear it often. it absorbs all my awesomeness (sweat) and keeps everything beneath it nice and dry (dem edges).
they now have more color options on their website if you're cool enough to color coordinate your gym gear like that.
how do you get in on this?
SHARE this post and comment below with your answer to the following question:
WHAT is your fave type of cardio and why?
no cardio hater over here! some of my fave forms include spinning & kickboxing.
have you tried out Periscope yet!? i'm having a ton of fun with it and posting vids daily. check us out, follow (fitfoodiele), and say haaaay!