to last wednesday.
missed my super early cycle class but i still made it to the gym with enough time to get it in on my own that day. i have been putting my best foot forward about hitting the gym super early every single day as opposed to only when i teach my classes. my body just operates better in the early morning. as the day goes on, my desire to workout decreases dramatically. i was able to record a HIIT & abs video i will be uploading to my YouTube channel for ya asap!
i came back home and had one of those breakfasts i could eat every day: whole wheat toast, eggs, avocado, and fruit. i wonder how many pics i have of this plate on my blog already, jeez. i fueled up so i could head right back out though; i had a hot date planned!
ok, the boys came with me. ok, it was actually a playdate, haha. we loaded up the truck and went to spend some time with my BM (baby mama), Marguerite.
she had this beauty, Callie, back in August '14 so Dego was in great company!
i even brought my meals with me so i could stay on track for the day: seasoned chicken breast chunks, sautéed kale, and roasted sweet potato. nothin' fancy!
transforming is fun...and needed. since leaving the IT industry 2 years ago, i normally only 'dress up' and do something with myself for church and special occasions/events. other than that, i'm in gym clothes and sneakers. running errands with the boys... ha. i get home from the gym, get them ready, and head right back out most days. so, i have become accustom to looking a hot mess often. and i'm ok with it. until i see somebody i know!!! anyway, it's fun to get girly and put more effort into my appearance. just a little goal of mine that was set at the start of this year along with taking better care of my hair. moms often take care of everybody else and end up with a lack of time for themselves! make no mistake though; taking time for yourself doesn't mean you must spend hours in the mirror. it means taking and making (15, 20, 30 min or so) every single day to do something for YOU, mentally, emotionally, and physically with NO GUILT. pick a few from this list:
- reading your bible, praying, and meditating. every day.
- working out...especially the sauna or steam room to clear your mind
- learn how to say no, then do it
- get a pedicure
- read a little bit of a GOOD book every day
- take a class (cooking, pottery, painting, YOGA!!!!, etc)
- a long bubble bath soak
- watch the sunrise, solo
- a quiet, daily walk
- dance without music
- sleep in
- go get some fro-yo
- lay down in the middle of the grass and look up at the sky
- a kid-less trip to the store
- schedule a monthly massage
- catch up with friends via a real phone conversation or meet for lunch
- pause, breathe, inhale, exhale, repeat.
i sure do feel better when i'm put together (hair combed, dressed, face made) and looking my best. my top and bottoms are from H & M! i exchanged the heels for flats before i left though. comfort over style ova heeeere! things have changed.
my Ninja blender is the BOMB! what a useful, blessing this Christmas gift is. the next flavor i whipped up was Toffee Chip Roasted Banana Ice Cream but the roasting part is actually optional. tastes fantabulous either way.
above was the soft-serve stage and i wanted to devour the entire bowl right then!!! readyyyyy?
Toffee Chip Roasted Banana Ice Cream
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1 cup coconut cream (i get mine canned from Sprouts Farmers Market)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup toffee pieces
- if roasting, do this step the day before or 2-3 hours prior: place bananas in baking dish, drizzle with vanilla, bake for 40-45 min on 375 degrees. toss them halfway through baking. transfer bananas to a freezer safe container and freeze 2 hours minimum or overnight for best results. jump down to #3, add your coconut cream, and continue.
- if not roasting, add frozen bananas to your Ninja along with the coconut cream and vanilla.
- blend until smooth. it will eventually get super-duper creamy, don't worry! just keep scraping the sides down and blending.
- dump creamy soft-serve into your bowl and add mix-ins (chocolate chips, toffee, optional nuts, etc.)
- eat a few spoonfuls!!!!
- stir it just a few times to incorporate the mix-ins then put it back in the freezer.
- after 2 hours or so, it's all yours.
what does your 'me' time consist of?
pedicures and bubble baths keep me sane.