i workout for all those reasons and more, but i should have included eating lots of food!!! that's #1.
since i workout super early in the AM most days, i have been enjoying Houston's Fall weather to the fullest. Fall not only means chili and cornbread, it means warm, hearty, filling, yummy, COMFORT food in general to me! a big bowl of super creamy mac n cheese is hands down my fave (to eat in a bowl anyway) and pizza is the other
couple things though:
- when dining out, go for the broth based (tomato, chicken, beef, vegetable, clear, see-through) soups vs. the creamy ones because they are usually made with milk or heavy cream.
- the leanest cuts of beef include:
- eye of round roast or steak
- sirloin tip side steak
- top round roast and steak
- bottom round roast and steak
- top sirloin steak
- a cup of any fruit usually is anywhere from 50-100 cals, but the sugar count is what you should keep your eye on.
- air/stove popped over microwaved popcorn any day
Q: what activity (exercise) have you wanted to try but haven't? i'd like to try the different types of yoga- i had NO idea there we so dang many.