if you're following me on Instagram, then you already know by now what was in that big box.
oooh just one of my fave snacks ever- POPCORN!!!! THANK YOU TONS, Popcorn Indiana!
they sent me two phenomenal flavors of their new Fit Popcorn:
i have my eyes straight PEELED for the onion & dijon flavor for sure. so far my Sprouts Farmer's Market hasn't carried it. anyway, on to the contest rules!
- Instagram: share the Popcorn Indiana giveaway pic on your own IG page! remember to tag #popig and @fitfoodiele in the comments so i don't miss your vote.
for multiple entries, you can:
- Facebook fan page: 'Like' it!
- Follow: www.fitfoodiele.com via email (top right corner of this page;))
- Comment: on THIS post telling me your absolute, hands down, favorite Popcorn Indiana flavor. mine is dark fudge chocolate chip kettle corn.... :shock:
Fit Popcorn stats: ★approx. 40 cals per cup★ all natural, gluten-free ★whole grain ★zero trans fat ★and non-GMO.
I just want to make somebody else's tummy and face SMILE!!!!!!!!!!! please share!
this fine tuesday morning started out with a crazy Total Body Conditioning workout as it usually does.
then breakfast. just an egg white omelette topped with alfalfa sprouts, low carb ketchup, greek yogurt, and dijon mustard. pancakes were super ugly and did NOT make the cut. heck that omelette barely did.
oh and i wanted to post my baby bella almond cheddar grilled cheese sammich from yesterday's lunch as i received quite a few inquiries on what the heck almond cheese is and where can you get some! it's a dairy-free cheese substitute that shreds and tastes darn close to dairy cheese IMO. it will melt, just takes a little longer to do so. i learned about the Lisanatti brand via Instagram, and i have always stuck with it. i'll have to do a product review on some of those other brands at a later date! you can find Lisanatti almond cheese in the cheddar, jalapeno jack, and mozzarella varieties at Sprout's Farmers Market, Whole Foods, Central Market, and most other speciality food stores. i just read on their site that they no longer ship orders out though :(
so my first chicken fried rice recipe is super old.... a revamped was needed. so here it is!
i used shrimp this time though as you can see ;)
clean, shrimp fried brown rice
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 5 whole baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- handful of sprouts (bean, alfalfa, your choice)
- 2 tbsp Bragg liquid aminos
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 egg whites
- 2 green onion stalks, chopped
- 1 medium shallot or 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 lb shrimp, marinated
- 5 baby carrots, chopped thinly or shaved
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green peas (optional)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup fresh, chopped pineapple (optional)
- 2 tbsp Mrs. Dash fiesta lime seasoning or 1 heaping tbsp Weber Boston Bay all natural seasoning
- 2 tbsp Bragg liquid aminos
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
1.marinate your shrimp for at least 30 minutes in the spices, liquid aminos, cilantro, and garlic.
2.add them to a medium to high heated wok or skillet sprayed with no-stick cooking spray.
3.they cook quickly, so about 3-4 minutes max will do. remove them from the pan and set them aside for now.
4.add all onions (1 green onion stalk though) garlic or shallots, carrots, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and aminos into the medium heated pan and cook covered until the onions are translucent and carrots are softened, about 5 minutes.
5.make a well in the middle of your wok and pour the egg whites into it. let them cook and scramble as you continuously stir until they are done.
6.add the cooked rice, mushrooms, cooked shrimp, pepper, red pepper flakes, a little green onions, fresh pineapple, and green peas into the wok.
7. incorporate and mix well, then let it sit covered for 2-3 more minutes over low heat. chop the remaining green onion stalk and top your dish with it.
learn to look for the good in EVERY situation; i promise you it's there. think positive, be positive, and positive things WILL happen.