finally started a little Christmas shopping!
for myself :lol: . i found these guys yesterday at Hobby Lobby for half price and i can't wait to make healthy sugar cookies with Chiso. here's a tip that you may or may not have known- you can just pull up the featured Hobby Lobby coupon right on your mobile device and show it to the cashier, no printer or hard copy needed. i found that out while in line yesterday cause the lady in front of me did it. i logged onto www.hobbylobby.com super fast before my turn and immediately clicked on Coupon; it was for 40% off one regular priced item. SCORE.
we might leave these out for Santa this year, try'em!
clean, dairy-free, gluten-free, vanilla and chocolate sugar cookies
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal / flour
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla OR almond extract (either works)
- dash of sea salt
--->for the chocolate cookies, make 1/4th of the almond meal unsweetened cocoa powder (which leaves 1 1/4 cups almond meal left, right? right.)<---
- mix your batter well.
- place bowl in the fridge for 20 minutes. **i know you want to skip that step but don't!** it determines the texture of your cookies.
- press dough out on flat surface and use cookie cutters, or roll dough into 22 balls.
- bake for 7-9 minutes on 350 degrees or until golden brown.
makes 22 cookies! per cookie: 44 cals, 3g fat, 4g carbs, 3g sugar.
Q: :shock: Christmas shopping....... have you started!?