nectarines are on sale!!! so you know what that means.... Summer time is near. i watch for that price drop every Spring and it's finally time. they are my fave fruit but my love for them is conditional... i will only eat them when they are solid and crispy like apples. after a certain point ( peach consistency ) i can't do it!
Sprouts Farmers Market had a gigantic fruit sale (as always) so i got a few different kinds and made this bomb salad topped with fresh mint for us to snack on for the next few days.
there are strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, pineapple, and of course, nectarines up in there.
our television STAYS on the Sprout channel but i actually got to catch an ep of The Pioneer Woman this week. she made this 10 min shrimp stir fry that looked so easy and so tasty i got up and went to make it immediately! i used chicken instead of shrimp,
fresh zucchini, grape tomatoes, grilled corn, fresh cilantro, garlic, and my last lemon. i didn't even measure yall, but here are the steps for what i did:
- cut chicken breasts into bite sized chunks
- saute extra virgin olive oil with about 2 tbsp butter on med-high heat in a very large wok or cast iron skillet.
- add in minced garlic and stir til translucent.
- add chicken chunks and cook just until done (i added lemon pepper seasoning to them).
- remove proteins from skillet; add chopped zucchini and let cook for 2 minutes. push them to the corner of your wok.
- add corn and cook 1 minute. push to corner of wok.
- add grape tomatoes last; cook for 1 minute.
- add chicken, fresh herbs , and squeeze your lemon into wok with veggies; combine.
- shut off heat and let sit for about 10 minutes or so before serving.
will be making this again and again with different proteins no doubt. the more color on your plate, the BETTER! rainbowls rule.
read below, but do it in reverse :) have an awesome Friday nite.