group B-strep test is up next, guys. HEY FIT FOODIES! i'm gonna get in as much last minute preggo blogging as i can these last few weeks (or days, that's cool too). my 8th month has whizzed on by
and i'm knocking on week 36 in like 2 days, praise God!
O_o :P >:( :'( :| #flipacoin
early AM workout classes & breakfast:
so, getting up at 4:15am to teach my classes is only getting rougher. but i'm hanging in there! that's my automatic answer for my gym members every time they ask me how baby and i are doing, lol. that's really all i can say though, seriously. sure i'd rather get those extra hours of sleep but i feel good after i get on up and most days and the urge to workout is still strong.
mmhmmm, don't forget that. aim to move every single day, even if it's just walking around your hood.
i am asked how i am still doing HIIT training this late in the game. modifications! lighter dumbbells, monitoring my heart rate, using my knees instead of toes for pushups...just a few examples. see vid below! plus i'm doing way more coaching/encouraging/motivating and 'working' the group exercise room more. the classes are NOT about me anyway- it's all about the members! i'll do a quick demo of a high intensity/plyometric move though, then quickly modify it just so i can keep moving with the members.
eating, on the other hand.... i know my appetite is flaky cause baby boy is growing rapidly and fattening up for his grand exit/entrance, but after breakfast and a small lunch (even after working out), i could honestly be done for the day. the rest of my meals are pretty much forced since i'm still very active, so WE need those cals and nutrients to keep coming. and they shall. so i have my pre workout snack (usually banana w/ peanut butter) on the way to the gym, then tackle my real breakfast afterwards as usual.
here are some breakfasts i've been rotating (clockwise starting from the top L):
1. spinach, tomato, and mushroom scramble (1 whole egg, 2 egg whites) with strawberries and blueberries
2. 4 egg whites over a whole wheat english muffin & topped with homemade guacamole w/ blackberries & a halo
3. spinach & mushroom egg scramble taco (La Tortilla Factory 80 cal light low carb, high fiber flour tortilla) w/ shredded part-skim mozzarella & pineapple salsa w/ berries
4. plain greek yogurt with strawberries & blueberries and dribbled with maple syrup (also a great post-workout snack)
individual workouts & lunch/dinner:
i have been enjoying taking classes to the fullest these last few weeks! why?
- i'm not up there teaching so i can stop at any time :P
- i get ideas and inspiration for new moves i can use later in my own classes and just experiencing another instructor's style, music, and motivational sayings
- group fitness is FUN and keeps me motivated! i look forward to it. period.
i do a combo of the following every week:
- TKB - turbo kickboxing
- Barbell Strength (Lifetime Fitness signature formatted class)
- Step (don't knock it lol! keeps my heart rate nice and steady... great cardio workout vs. the boring treadmill and elliptical)
- Weights - since i'm not lifting crazy heavy, i'll do a full body workout in one day most times using basic exercises for each muscle group. 3-4 sets of 12 does the trick. looking forward to getting back to my postpartum 6 Pack USA workouts though.
lunches and dinners (starting clockwise from top L):
- homemade Chipotle inspired salad (i cut the chicken into chunks and marinated it in Weber Kick n' Chicken seasoning blend)
- Kick n' Chicken pan seared chicken breast with pan roasted brussels sprouts and grilled pineapple
- pan seared whiting (cheaper than tilapia at Walmart right now so i gave it a try) grilled squash, and fresh coleslaw
- salmon & avocado deviled eggs sprinkled with sweet & smokey paprika and black pepper with raw sugar snap peas and sliced roma tomatoes on the side.
the bump and i will be walking down the aisle in my brother's wedding this weekend! can't wait to party and celebrate gaining another sister. fun times ahead. and cake.
-----> if you are preggo and need help with staying on track (or starting) a healthier workout and nutrition regiment for you and your little bundle-to-be, please check out www.pregnantnotpowerless.com and sign up! even if you're not preggo but know a woman who is, please tell her about this awesome program created by one of my inspirations and fellow fit mom @babyfatboss on IG. follow herrrrrr! <------