TGIF. why did i even bother setting regular clothes out last night? idk. it's just too hot to be cute. i threw on what i feel most comfy in before hitting the streets- GYM CLOTHES. knowing good and well i will NOT be seeing the inside of a gym today at that! the older i get, comfort > style indeed. oatbran banana pancakes and a veggie egg white omelette fueled me up and out the door this morning.
so messing around with this fluffernutter stuff had me creating all kinds of crazy recipes. like this one:
Dark Chocolate Cashew Butter Graham Cracker Fluffernutter Brown Rice Crispy Treats (from memory!)
- 3 cups gluten-free crispy brown rice
- 1 cup Barbara's Snackimal Vanilla Blast cereal
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp light agave nectar (or honey, or maple syrup)
- 1/2 cup roasted cashew butter (or any creamy raw or roasted nut butter)
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life dairy-free chocolate chips (you can use real/regular choc. chips, YES!)
- 5 honey graham cracker sheets (enough to cover the surface of the bottom of your pan
- Fluffernutter (just any plain marshmallow fluff) to top
- combine cereal, syrup, vanilla, brown rice, agave nectar, cashew butter together in a large mixing bowl until incorporated WELL.
- spray your rectangle pan (9 x 13 or something similar) with no stick cooking spray and line the bottom when 1 layer of the Enjoy Life chips. set the pan into a heated oven until the chips begin to melt, about 5-7 minutes.
- take the pan out and make a flat layer of graham crackers on top of the melted chips. press down SLIGHTLY until even all the way across.
- dump the cereal mixture on top of the graham cracker layer and GENTLY press into an even layer all the way across the pan.
- sprinkle a few more Enjoy Life chips on top and put the whole thing in the fridge to set for at least an hour.
- cut into squares, (flip some over to see the cool bottom layer if you're being fancy) and top with a dollop of fluffernutter cream and more crushed graham crackers on each one.
FREAKISHLY GOOD!!!!! please share.
i cut 14 bars outta my rectangle so the stats are for 1. remember, gluten and/or dairy free does NOT mean fat or sugar-free yall! these are a bit indulgent, but definitely better for ya than the packaged stuff.
please check out this eye-opening Q & A with former magazine editor and Senior graphic design and photographer, Jennifer Lau.
you might say crazy photo editing jobs are nothing new...and i agree. however this doesn't just apply to mags and print anymore as social media is a really big deal this day in age. so before you scroll through pic after pic of 'perfect' (filtered AND unfiltered) bodies then advert your eyes to yourself, remember to:
we all have special, unique talents, and most important, FLAWS & SHAPES! accept and love yourself AS YOU ARE; perfectly imperfect. just like 'her/him'!