this caught my attention today while we were waiting for our food at one of Houston's most popular Jamaican spots, Cool Runnings.
i feel guilty when i don't pack Sonny's food for the day for whatever reason and today was one of those days :shock: , so we scooped him up on his break and enjoyed some lunch together.
afterwards, fro-yo @ Swirll. cause when you make an ice cream promise, you gotta keep it.
our conversations get deeper by the week as his vocabulary expands!
after Sonny got off later, we went with Uncle Bri-Bri to The Hill for an endurance workout before the sun went down.
ok they worked out, not me, boo. i mean i couldn't really participate cause i had to keep an eye on the boy with those cyclists speeding by and all. however i improvised and put Chi on my back and went up and down the stairs a few times for a super slow lower body burn. i've got sample cardio workouts coming right up by request!
then the mosquitoes quadrupled and we left.
here's the recipe for those stuffed peppers i made for dinner last night! i used what i had in my fridge:
veggie stuffed lean ground turkey bell peppers
- 6 med-large bell peppers, any color
- 1 medium shallot
- 1 lb. 97% lean ground turkey
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped
- 5 portabella mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tbsp liquid aminos
- tops of the bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup fat-free feta (wish i had some at the time!)
- preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray your pan (big enough to fit 6 large bell peppers in) with no-stick cooking spray.
- cut the tops off the peppers & also cut the bottoms to make them sit flat in your baking pan. arrange and seat them in pan.
- in large skillet on medium heat, saute the shallot until translucent.
- add ground turkey & seasonings and cook until browned and chopped into crumbles.
- add all chopped vegetables, mix, cover, and let steam on medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- add feta, mix again, and spoon mixture into your bell peppers evenly.
- bake for 25-30 minutes or until desired bell pepper tenderness.
approximately 130-150 cals for 1 stuffed bell pep.
have a blessed night!