my hump day started with some *gasp* fasted cardio. it's been a minute! i still can't find my dang polar watch anywhere though :( . i got the chest strap part but that does me no good if i'm not on a cardio machine that can talk to it and display my numbers! i'll have to clean our house from top to bottom to find that thing.
the run was hard. it was hot. i wanted to stop every few minutes. the magic happens when you push past your limits and just keep going though. i only set out to do 30 min but stayed out there for 1 hr cause i got in my zone and was inspired to do more. get comfy with being uncomfy! that's when change and growth happens! that applies to both fitness and business.
about last night!
we made zoodles using my Spirooli and topped them with the kale & basil meatballs; fun, fun. are you on Periscope yet!?!? i know you are! as of August 3rd there are 10 million users. TEN MILLION. but only 1% are actively broadcasting. the heck? what are you waiting on?
Periscope vids are gone forever after 24 hours, but i've been saving mine (the good ones LOL) via katch.me. not sure how long i'll do that but that's where some of my old ones are for now. so about these meatballs tho!
Kale & Basil Chicken Meatballs
- 1 lb lean ground chicken breast (97% or higher)
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp shallot or garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped kale or spinach, thawed and drained completely
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp liquid smoke (hickory, mesquite, or apple flavor)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp liquid aminos
- optional - 1/2 cup apple, diced
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- spray a 13 x 9 pan with no stick cooking spray
- using your hands, combine everything in a large mixing bowl
- shape 24 meatballs and place them flat in your pan. no touching! they need elbow room
- bake 15-20 min or until there is no more pink in the center
makes 24 meat balls! for 1:
on another note... we registered Chiso (4 yrs as of May 27th) for pre-k today.
i can't even deal, yall. i still can't. things will be so different around this house as i have been home with him for the past 3.5 years, but he is waaaaay more ready than i am, thank God. i'm gonna cry and have my moment...i just don't know when it will hit. anyway, i feel like i want to stop time and cram EVERYTHING we didn't get to do this summer into these last 2 weeks before he starts!!! watch me try :)
enjoy these healthy meatballs, guys!