Salted Chocolate Brookies
How to cook Salted Chocolate Brookies
- preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9 x 13 baking pan with foil or parchment paper
- add flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, salt and combine well in a small bowl
- add sugar, eggs, and vanilla into a separate bowl and blend well with a hand mixer for at least 4-5 minutes until frothy
- in a small saucepan on medium low heat, add butter. once almost melted, add chocolate chips and shut the heat off. whisk mixture together until chocolate and butter are combined and smooth
- fold the chocolate mixture into the frothy egg mixture a little at time until combined
- now, fold the chocolate mixture into the flour mixture until just combined. be careful not to over mix!
- the cookies will spread slightly but if you pop the dough into the fridge for 20-30 minutes, the batter will firm up and the cookies will hold their post-baked shape. If you don’t care about aesthetics, bake away and devour immediately!
- drop 1-2 tbsp sized dough balls onto the baking pan 2-3 inches apart and bake for 11 minutes. i hear they make great ice cream sammiches :)
Sat. Fat (grams)3