we all got in bed at a reasonable hour last night so Sonny and i popped up extra early. we decided to take advantage and go get some cardio in together.
breakfast to-go was a slice of whole wheat toast slathered with Dark Chocolate Dreams and Jiffy natural peanut butters and a few banana slices. and coffee of course! still chugging 1/2 caff because Dego is still going strong and nursing 3 times a day.
struggling' together! pretty sure cardio is included in that 'through thick or thin' marriage vow, haha. Sonny is actually having issues with his achilles tendon so the elliptical and ice are his BFF's right now.
fun, sweaty times were had this morning in bootcamp class! join me every saturday at 9am if you're local or visiting Houston. Prenatal fitness classes are coming SOON! i am looking to start them up April, my birthday month (whoop). if you know a local preggo, fit mama that may be interested, send her my way! email me: firstname.lastname@example.org.
once home, it was time to refuel. i made a huge pan of Buffalo Chicken chunks (garlic powder, onion powder, Franks Red Hot Wing Sauce, parsley, and ground black peppers) with steamed brussels sprouts for us.
and for dessert, a gem from Chocolate Covered Katie. she is so dang talented! please check her site out and i believe she just released her very first healthy dessert book, which is already #1 on Amazon. i am NOT surprised! kudos to her. and here goes that recipe:
Dairy-Free Cream Cheese Chocolate Chunk Cookies
the stuff (source):
- 1/3 cup + 1/4 cup oat flour (if making your own oat flour, grind it into a really fine powder 1st)
- 1/4 cup Truvia / Stevia for Baking or granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2-5 tbsp Enjoy Life Dairy Free Mega Chocolate Chunks
- 3 tbsp full fat cream cheese (i used dairy free Tofutti (found at Sprouts))
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- combine oats, salt, baking soda, chocolate chips, and sugar in a large mixing bowl
- in another bowl, add (warm) cream cheese, vanilla, and oil in bowl
- pour wet into dry. per Katie, do NOT add extra liquid! just keep stirring and it will moisten into a batter
- form a big ball, then roll into cookie dough balls
- place balls on plate and freeze at least 30 min
- when ready to bake, preheat oven to 325 and coat your pan with no stick cooking spray
- place balls on tray and bake 8-10 minutes
- they will look underdone at first, so don't touch them for at least 10 min... if you can help it!
yep. be flexible about your methods, but stubborn about those goals. FINISH. you'll be so glad you didn't give up.
i am so excited for church in the morning. night!
Q: what role does fitness play in your life?
A: i shared my thoughts via IG!