immediately after this morning's class! a good friend of mine told me she was coming to see me and she showed up as promised :) i know how tough a 5:30am appointment can be to make, and i was so happy to see her again. i expressed my gratitude by kicking her butt, lol! 1 hour of total body conditioning later, we were outta there for the day.
a little later, i took Chiso to an Easter Egg Hunt that was being held at Discovery Green downtown. they always have something going on there for all ages, love it! we made it exactly 3 minutes before it started, but mommy forgot to put money in the meter so we had to speed walk all the way back to the truck. the meter maid actually met us there and had the ticket in hand and everything that fast!!!! he let me make it this time though, thank God. #whew
they let the 0 - 2 kiddos go first, so we made it back in time for Chiso to grab a few eggs. i cherish spending time with my little Stank Tank.
on to tha fooooood! i got some sliced rotisserie chicken from the HEB deli earlier this week, so i chopped it up and topped my spring mix salad with it for meal 3. it also had strawberries, carrots, avocado, tomatoes, pecans, fat-free feta, cracked black pepper, and a couple drizzles of Walden Farms raspberry vinaigrette.
so about those bell peppers! how many pics of these guys did i take? lots.
they were on sale at Kroger at the time 10 for 10 dollars, so i bought a bunch of 'em.
then we walked to the mailbox later that evening and lookie there! perfect timing for the cover of one of my fave mags! what a coincidence. at least i think that's what happened. i don't remember anymore cause this post has been a draft since the end of January :lol: sounds about right though.
basil boobie bells
- 4 large bell peppers
- 2 large chicken breasts (or ground turkey, ground chicken)
- 1 cup cooked brown rice (or quinoa, or couscous)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp mrs. dash southwest chipotle seasoning
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup low sodium oregano, garlic tomato sauce
- 1 - 2 tbsp liquid aminos
- 1/2 cup goat cheese (or shredded parmesan, or fat-free feta)
- no stick cooking spray
1. preheat your oven to 375 degrees. cut the tops off of your peppers, remove the seeds, and if need be, cut the bottoms to ensure they sit flat in your pan.
2. spray both your baking pan and a medium heated skillet with no-stick cooking spray.
3. add the chopped garlic and onion to the hot skillet, and saute until translucent (2-3 minutes)
4. add raw, chopped chicken, liquid aminos, herbs, and spices; cook through until there is no more pink (5-7 minutes)
5. add the cooked rice, tomato sauce, chopped tomato and goat cheese, then turn off the heat and mix well.
6. situate your peppers into your baking pan, and distribute the mixture evenly between all four peppers.
7. bake for 40-50 minutes or until tender.
8. top with more fresh basil, let them cool, then eat 'em up.
per bell pepper! remember the stats change depending on your substitutions ;)
also, if you haven't seen it on Instagram yet, i'm running a contest that started yesterday (monday) and will end this FRIDAY! you MUST like the Fit Foodie Le Facebook Fan Page if you haven't already- i will pick one lucky fan to win something seriously cool. health and fitness related of course! spread the word, please and thank you!